Sunday, March 1, 2009

Welcome to Pearl Moon Equine Massage

I love animals. All kinds of animals. Nothing makes me happier than being around them, or knowing I’ve made their lives better. It’s one of the things I believe I was born to do. This love has taken many forms over the years of my life, including having animal companions, volunteering at Woodland Park Zoo in Seattle, and working at a veterinary clinic. A few years ago, I decided to learn animal massage for both large and small animals. I loved it, and now do it as part of the way I make my living.

I work most often with horses and dogs. They enjoy it and seem to understand that it makes them feel better. Cats love massage, but if you know much about cats you know they set their own rules, so there is never a routine massage session with a cat.

I think all animals can benefit from massage. I had a cockatiel client once, and he dozed off when I massaged gently at the nape of his neck, just behind the ears. Another time, since I had never worked with a reptile, I asked to massage a friend’s corn snake, and the usually active snake rested very quietly along my arm.

Since I work mostly with horses, this blog will be a place to share information about equine massage, about alternative healing in general, and my experiences with my 4-legged clients.

Comments are welcome, and so are questions — I'll do my best to answer them for you.

Thanks for visiting Pearl Moon Equine Massage!

No comments: